Dr Oz: Aspirin Reduces Risk For Heart Disease
Dr. Oz has a super longevity prescription filled with ways to add years to your life by reducing your risk for cancer, diabetes and heart disease. Are you ready to live longer and feel younger at the same time? Keep reading to see what tips Dr. Oz has to offer!
Dr Oz: Longevity Trifecta For Women
Dr. Oz created what he refers to as his longevity trifecta for women. No one wants to die from cancer, diabetes or heart disease so everything he was sharing will add years to your life while preventing these awful diseases at the same time. Dr. Oz has created a “prescription” that includes eating vegetarian meals on the weekdays and eating meals that include meat on the weekends because he believes this is one of the important factors to help you live a longer life. He added that your family may resist this a little, but he said that is why he did not cut out meat completely and pushed it to the weekend since weekends are often set aside for celebrating.
Dr Oz: Mexican Vegetable Lasagna Recipe
Here is what you need for four servings:
- 1 (15-oz) can vegetarian chili
- 1 (14.5-oz) can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 3/4 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 avocado, diced and mashed
- 1/4 cup ground cashews, or another nut you prefer
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of cayenne
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
Here is what you need to do:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and grease an 8 x 8 cooking dish.
- Layer 1/2 cup diced tomatoes on the bottom of the cooking dish. Spread four tortillas over the tomatoes, being sure to overlap them.
- Spread 3/4 cup of the diced tomatoes over the tortillas, then spread 1 cup of the chili, 1/2 cup of the corn kernels and half of the avocados.
- Layer with four more tortillas, the rest of the tomatoes, chili, corn and avocado. Season with salt, cayenne and ground cumin and finish by sprinkling the top with the ground cashews.
- Bake for 15 minutes until heated through. Remove from oven and garnish with cilantro. Enjoy!
Dr Oz: Does Beer Improve Longevity?
Dr. Oz’s next prescription for longevity might surprise you because he actually recommended you drink one light beer every day. He mentioned that a study in Italy showed that beer has wonderful heart benefits, much like wine. The secret in light beer is that it has B vitamins and malted barley in the ingredients, which are believed to improve your longevity by offering benefits to your heart and bones.
Dr Oz: Cancer Risk Lowered Taking Aspirin Daily
Dr. Oz has always recommended low-dose aspirin to protect your health and prevent heart disease so it is no surprise to hear it included in his longevity prescription. Dr. Oz said a recent study showed even more benefits from taking aspirin every day because it can also reduce your risk for certain cancers by a whopping 40%! Are you going to add aspirin to your shopping list?
- Men and women over the age of 40 – Take 2 low-dose (baby) aspirin per day
Dr Oz: Longevity Prescription Move 15 Minutes Every Day
Dr. Oz has another recommendation as part of his longevity prescription and it involves moving early in the morning! He said that any type of movement for just 15 minutes before 7 a.m. every day has been shown to add two years to your life, but it will also help you sleep better the following night!
Dr Oz: Stand Five Minutes Every Hour To Extend Your Life
Did you know that sitting for more than four hours a day increases your risk for cancer, diabetes and heart disease? For that reason, Dr. Oz prescribed standing up for five minutes every hour regardless of what you are doing during the day.