Dr Oz: Almond Chicken Recipe
Are you tired of the same ol’ chicken dishes. (Your family probably is!) Try something new tonight. On today’s show, Dr Oz showed you how to create a delectable new chicken dish using almonds, sweet potatoes and asparagus. (Sounds delish, doesn’t it?) Grab your apron and get ready to WOW! the family with a brand new chicken dish that only takes minutes to create.
Dr Oz: Almond Breaded Chicken Recipe
1/2 C whole almonds (finely chopped)
1/2 C Dijon mustard
2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (look for pasture raised)
1/2 lb fresh asparagus (make sure ends are trimmed)
1 sweet potato (large)
Salt and pepper (to taste)
1. Preheat oven to 450° F.
2. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
3. Add whole almonds and chop fine in a food processor.
4. Lay a piece of parchment on a flat surface and sprinkle chopped almonds on top of paper.
5. Lay chicken on parchment paper.
6. Coat each piece of chicken with the mustard and in the almonds.
7. Place coated chicken breasts on parchment paper-lined cookie sheet.
8. Lay asparagus next to the chicken breasts.
9. Slice the sweet potato into thin circles then lay next to asparagus.
10. Lightly spray chicken, potatoes and asparagus with olive oil.
11. Sprinkle with salt and pepper (to taste).
12. Place cookie sheet in the oven and bake for 10-13 minutes (until chicken feels firm and is cooked thoroughly.)
First, Dr Oz tried the finished product and gave it the thumbs up! Then he had the entire audience try a piece of the chicken. As predicted, they gave it the thumbs up as well. (This recipe actually did look good, so I believe the audience.)
Trying this chicken dish tonight for the family? Leave me a message and let me know how it tastes.