Siberian Rhubarb Extract (4mg) for Hot Flashes
Dr Oz’s show on August 8, 2012 is called “The Fantastic Four: Disease Detectives with the New Power to Heal.” Doctor Oz’s guests include Dr. Mark Hyman, Dr. Wendy Warner, Dr. David Perlmutter and Dr. Susan Blum. There are tons of health tips like how Siberian Rhubarb Extract can be used to prevent hot flashes, how Watermelon Rinds Prevent Heart Disease, and even a delicious (yet healthy!) Anaheim Shrimp Scampi Recipe! Lets talk for a minute about Dr Wendy Warner’s Perimenopause Remedies, because we heard lots of feedback on this segment. Here are some of the highlights:
- 4 mg of Siberian Rhubarb Extract can help with hot flashes (finally, maybe a way to get some sleep at night?).
- Ashwagandha (500 mg) can help with the belly fat that you tend to gain when you enter Perimenopause / Menopause.
- Try Dr Oz’s Menopause Smoothie made out of swiss chard, green tea, blueberries, brazil nuts and flaxseed. Click on the following link for the full recipe and information about all of these Perimenopause Remedies!
Onion Skins Prevent Strokes & Dr Oz Watermelon Rind Drink
Dr Oz did a segment on how to take “garbage can foods” (which are foods that we would generally throw out) and use them to improve our health. For example, did you know that watermelon rinds can help to prevent Heart Disease? But who wants to eat watermelon rinds?!?!? So Doctor Oz created a Watermelon Rind Drink Recipe! He also spoke about how celery tops can help to prevent Diabetes and red onions skins can help prevent a stroke. Click on the following link to read more about these “garbage can foods” and to find recipe ideas: Dr Oz Garbage Can Foods.
Dr Oz Roasted Shrimp Scampi Recipe
Who does not love shrimp scampi? But who can eat such a rich, delicious dish without feeling guilty about gaining weight? Don’t worry, Dr Oz found the perfect solution – a Roasted Shrimp Scampi Recipe that uses spaghetti squash instead of regular pasta! I love how the recipe even incorporates avocado. Click on the following link to read and print the full recipe (this is one to save on Pinterest for sure!): Anaheim Shrimp Scampi Recipe.
Dr Oz August 8 2012: In Case You Missed It
Here is a complete list of recaps of the Dr Oz Show from August 8, 2012:
- Dr Oz: Anaheim Shrimp Scampi Recipe
- Dr Oz: Soy Flour | Almond Flour | Food Swaps
- Dr Oz: Watermelon Rinds Prevent Heart Disease | Garbage Can Foods
- Dr Oz: Siberian Rhubarb Extract, Ashwagandha & Menopause Smoothie
- Dr Oz: Hyperbaric Oxygen Alzheimers Treatment & Diabesity